Let’s face it: we like being in control. You might be thinking, “Dan, what does that have to do with a shower head?” Well, I’ll tell you what.
Nothing is worse than taking a shower and instead of feeling that satisfying pressure of the warm water against your body, it leaves you unsatisfied like eating school lunch back in 4th grade.
So what can you do?
Unless you have some serious skills, you’re not going to be able to bring your entire body closer to the shower head.
So, why not bring it to you?
Standard shower heads often have less surface area, fixed water pressure, and less versatility. I like my shower head to be one that I can remove from the mounting and rinse off every nook and cranny. In this guide, we will take a look at the best handheld shower heads that are currently available on the market. Before we begin, let’s take a more in-depth look at why you would want this type of shower head.
- 1 Why Choose a Handheld Shower Head?
- 2 Pre-Purchase Considerations
- 3 Under $50 – Shower Head Comparison Chart
- 4 Hydroluxe Full-Chrome 2 in 1 Shower Head
- 5 Waterpik TRS-553 Shower Head
- 6 DreamSpa 1432 3-way Rainfall Shower Head
- 7 Moen Magnetix Shower Head
- 8 ShowerMaxx Oil Rubbed Bronze Handheld Shower Head
- 9 Above $50 – Shower Head Comparison Chart
- 10 Vida Oil Rubbed Bronze Shower Head
- 11 Speakman Rio VS-1240-BN Multi-Function Shower Head
- 12 Moen Bronze Shower Head (23015BRB)
- 13 Delta In2ition Handheld Shower Head (58467)
- 14 Grohe Power and Soul 130 Handheld Shower Head
- 15 Final Thoughts
Why Choose a Handheld Shower Head?
As with any purchase, there are reasons that you would want to have a handheld shower head in your home over a shower head that you cannot move from its mounting.
So, let’s take a closer look:
Easy to Use
When you can hold the shower head in your hand, it makes it much easier to rinse off. You can make sure that you get all of the soap off of your back without moving your body at all. It makes it easy to wash a small child or animal without spraying water into their eyes.
It is also more comfortable for elderly individuals to shower. With this type of shower head, they do not have to shift around in the shower, which helps to minimize the risk of them falling in the shower.
Do you have a pet?
If so, then you know how difficult they can become when it is time to give them a bath. When you have a shower head that is not fixed to the wall, getting the soap out of their fur is a lot simpler.
Gentle on Sensitive Skin
Strong water jets can hurt, especially if you have sensitive skin because you spent too much time in the sun recently.
I’ve been there!
In situations like this, you can simply decrease the water pressure and put the shower head closer to your skin so that you can easily rinse off without irritating your already sensitive skin.
It gets better:
Accommodates Low Water Pressure
If you live in an apartment or a home where the water pressure is not as strong as you’d like it, then being able to bring the shower head to your body will help you rinse all of the soap off without a problem.
Makes Cleaning Easier
Here’s the kicker:
When you are cleaning your shower, you can simply use the shower head to rinse the walls of the shower and the tub. You will never need to pour cups of water over the walls of the shower again to get all of the cleaning spray off of the tile.
Before you jump into purchasing a new shower head, there are a few considerations that you will want to think about. None of these considerations are game breaking, but you may want one of the features over the others.
To the point:
Mounting and Installation
Most shower heads fit a 1/2 Inch NPT shower arm. This is standard in just about every home so you shouldn’t have any surprises.
Functions and Spray Patterns
One of the best benefits of this type of shower head is the fact that there are several different spray modes that you can select from. If you want a massage feature in your shower, make sure that it is an option on the shower head that you select.
In addition to that:
Length and Flexibility of the Hose
Make sure that you consider the hose. Some hoses are made out of metal, while others are made from a plastic material. Some hoses can stretch with ease, while others are a bit more rigid. Also, make sure that you don’t forget to think about the size of the hose. If you are a tall individual, you will not want a short hose. The longer the hose is, the more maneuverability you will have in the shower.
So, let’s jump right in:
Under $50 – Shower Head Comparison Chart
|Flow Rate (Gallons per minute)||Number of Spray Settings||Hose Length||Best Feature|
|Hydroluxe Full-Chrome 2-in-1 Ultra-Luxury Shower Head||2.5||5||5 ft.||Dual Shower Head|
|Waterpik TRS-553 Shower Head||2.5||5||5 ft.||OptiFlow Technology|
|DreamSpa 1432 3-way Rainfall Shower Head||2.5||7||5 ft.||Adjustable Rainfall Shower Head|
|Moen Magnetix Shower Head||2||6||5||Magnetic docking of the shower head.|
|ShowerMaxx Oil Rubbed Bronze Handheld Shower Head||2.5||6||nearly 5 ft.||Lifetime Warranty|
- Use each shower separately or both together! • All Chrome 24 Function Shower System - Choose from 24 full and combined water flow patterns
- 5 Full Setting High-Power Shower Head and Hand Shower 5 settings include: Power Rain, Massage, Stay-Warm Mist, Water-saving Economy Rain and Pause
- Oversize 4-inch Chrome Face • 3-zone Click Lever Dial • Rub-clean Jets • Patented 3-way Water Diverter with Anti-Swivel Lock Nut • Angle-adjustable Overhead Bracket
- 5-ft. Super Flexible Stainless Steel Hose • Conical Brass Hose Nuts for easy hand tightening • Includes Plumber's Tape • Tools-free Installation
- Limited 10 Year Warranty is provided by Interlink Products International, Inc. This warranty is void if the product has been purchased from an unauthorized distributor.
This Hydroluxe is one of the best 2-in-1 shower heads available with a fixed and handheld option. It is designed so that the two shower heads can spray separately, or if you prefer, they can be used together for more unique spray combinations.
To the Point:
One of the things that I love about this shower head is the large four-inch chrome face. It has a gorgeous design that will look great in a modern style bathroom, and the arm of the shower head itself is designed to angle to accommodate your height. In addition, the shower head itself comes with a three-way water diverter that is capable of providing a high powered stream of water.
The best part:
This shower head comes with five different spray settings that you can make use of. It includes a wide rain setting that is great for getting all of the soap off of your body. There is also a smaller, eco-rain setting and a stay-warm mist that you can use. Power massage mode is ideal for relieving tension in your back, and the pause mode can be used when you are washing your hair.
Here’s the kicker:
You can utilize these settings on both of the shower heads. This means that with the five different settings, you will have 24 different spray combinations that you can choose from.
The hose is made from stainless steel material, and it is a full five feet in length. This gives you plenty of reach for taking a shower as well as cleaning the walls of the shower.
This shower head comes with a generous 10-year warranty, which gives you plenty of time to get any flaws repaired and replaced.
- Installation of this shower head is simple.
- There is a shut-off knob on the handheld portion of the shower head that makes it easier to save water.
- There is a good variety of spray settings to select from.
- It has good water pressure.
- The unit is made from durable material that will last.
- When both shower heads are in use, the water pressure tends to be a bit weaker.
- Sometimes water is still released during pause mode.
- Provides advanced OptiFlow high pressure, full body spray
- New contemporary style
- Advanced OptiFlow technology provides up to 30-percent more water force
- Easy installation with no assembly required
- Rub clean nozzles for easy care
This Waterpik handheld shower head is a great option for someone who wants a lot of features at a great price. It comes with advanced OptiFLOW technology that ensures that the water pressure is high enough at all times to give you the full body spray that you want. The shower head is positioned on an adjustable bracket so that there are no accidental shifts to the shower head.
What to know the best part?
This Waterpik handheld shower head is designed with a stylish chrome exterior that will fit with the décor of most bathrooms. The sleek handheld nozzle is positioned in an adjustable bracket that can make it simple to take a shower no matter how tall you are.
It gets better:
There are five unique spray settings that you can use during your shower as well. They can be adjusted from a relaxing, yet gentle spray to a pulsating, high-pressure massage. There is also a water saving mode that you can use when you want to save a bit of water. Be aware that the low flow mode does not turn the water off completely; it simply decreases the amount coming out of the nozzle.
The hose on this shower head is nothing special, but it is a five-foot long hose that is made from a durable material that is designed to last. It is quite adequate for most of your showering needs; whether it is to rinse a child, a pet, or the walls of the shower, you will have the reach that you need.
There is a limited lifetime warranty included with the purchase of this product. It does not cover everything, but if there is a malfunction that occurs, it can be fixed easily.
- This is a shower head that is easy to install.
- It features an aesthetically pleasing design.
- There is a water saving mode included with this device.
- The spray settings are a bit more similar than I’d like.
- The water pressure could be a bit more powerful.
- Ultra-Luxury Rainfall Shower Head and Multi-Setting Handheld Shower Combo. Use each shower head separately or both showerheads together! 7 inch Chrome Face Rainfall Shower Head
- 4 inch Chrome Face High-power Hand Shower with 7 settings that include: Power Rain, Pulsating Massage, Hydro-Mist, Eco Rain, Rain/Mist, Rain/Massage and Water-saving Pause
- 3-zone Click Lever Dial with Rub-clean Jets Patented 3-way Water Diverter with Anti-Swivel Lock Angle-adjustable Overhead Bracket
- 5-ft. Super Flexible Stainless Steel Hose Conical Brass Hose Nuts for easy hand tightening Tools-free Installation
- Limited Lifetime Warranty is provided by Interlink Products International, Inc. This warranty is void if the product has been purchased from an unauthorized distributor.
If you are looking for a rain shower head with handheld options, then this DreamSpa showerhead is a great option for you. It is easy to install, and it has a lot of features that make taking a shower more of a luxury spa experience that you can enjoy in your home.
To the point:
This rain shower head with handheld functionality is designed so that you can use both of the shower heads at the same time, or if you prefer, you can use one over the other. The rainfall shower head has a chrome face that is about seven inches in diameter, while the handheld option has a chrome face that is a bit smaller at four inches in diameter.
The best part is:
This unit has seven different spray settings that you can make use of while you are showering. These settings are only available on the handheld showerhead, but they cover a wide variety of spray options. You can choose from rain mist, power rain, hydro-mist, eco-rain, pulsating massage, rain massage, and water-saving pause mode.
The unit is made with a stainless steel hose that is designed with brass nuts that make it easy to install and tighten when it is required. In addition, the hose is five feet in length so that you have plenty of reach.
When it comes to dependability, this shower head stands out above many of the other options because it comes with a limited lifetime warranty, which means that the manufacturer will repair or replace any parts that have defects.
- This device is very simple to install.
- There are quite a few spray settings available for you to use.
- Both of the shower heads are able to operate at the same time.
- The shower head is quite large, giving you a good bit of rainfall coverage.
- The installation instructions are very easy to follow; in fact, there are even images included.
- The spray settings are only available on the shower head; the fixed one only creates a steady stream.
- The switch does not fully stop the water.
- When both heads are operating, the water flow decreases slightly.
- MAGNETIC: The magnetic docking system allows you to easily detach and use as a handheld shower head or effortlessly replace it to dock with the snap of a magnet
- SIX SETTINGS: The 3.5"D shower head offers six different spray options at the turn of a dial providing a customized experience
- ECO FRIENDLY: This shower head meets WaterSense standards so that you're conserving water without sacrificing performance
- BATHROOM FAUCET WITH WARRANTY: Complies with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) specifications and meets current legislation, including ab1953 (California) and s152 (Vermont). Backed by Moen's Lifetime Warranty in case something goes wrong
Another fairly innovative shower head from Moen, the Moen 26100EP is part of the Magnetix line, which is a series of shower heads that use magnetism to dock and secure the handheld section of the shower head.
When I used this shower head, I was impressed by the way that it audibly snapped back into place. It wasn’t hard to remove, but it was also clear that this shower head is secure enough to stay attached firmly.
I also loved the fact that this product meets the water sense criteria of the Environmental Protection Agency. This means that you can actually conserve water while showering!
As a Moen handheld shower head, you might expect that the aesthetic design of this product would be very sleek, and you’d be correct. The Moen 26100EP has a design that looks attractive and somewhat futuristic.
But here’s the kicker:
The chassis of the shower head is actually made of metal, which will ensure that this shower head will perform with a high degree of durability. The grip on this product also fits very neatly in the hand as well.
When it comes to spray selection, I really appreciate Moen’s attention to detail with this shower head. Out of the box, the shower head comes with six spray settings; with each varying up the pressure or angle so that you can have a well-rounded shower experience.
It gets better:
Accessing the spray settings is easy; simply turn the dial, and you’ll cycle through each of them with relative ease.
Unlike many of the hoses on modern handheld shower heads, the Moen 26100EP has a hose that is actually made of a kink-free metal. This means that this hose should last you years, if not decades.
This product falls under the Moen’s limited lifetime warranty. This is very convenient since it will help you should the shower head fail during usage.
- With an almost all-metal body, this shower head was designed for performance and durability.
- The maximum diameter of the spray is 3.5 inches
- The Magnetix system makes using this product a cinch.
- It has six settings to choose from.
- There are plastic components, and it’s at these components that the shower head is more likely to a leak.
- The pressure could be higher.
- MULTIPLE MODE ADJUSTABLE SETTINGS - High pressure, water saver mode or massage - the choice is yours. Featuring a total of six different spray settings including Rainfall, Circular Massage, Power Massage, Rainfall and Circular Massage, Rainfall and Power Massage and for the eco-conscious, a Water Saver Trickle mode. Adjustable ball joint allows easy and flexible adjustment to achieve the perfect angle for your bath area.
- HIGH PRESSURE WATER FLOW - Effortlessly provides superior water pressure, 2.5 gpm water flow with removable flow restrictor and precision engineered high pressure jets. Self-cleaning silicon jet nozzles with Oil rubbed Bronze finish ABS body, guarantees optimal performance even in low water pressure installations. And, the extra-long 4.92 ft Oil rubbed Bronze steel hose is stretchable up to 6.56 ft making it great for young kids, and pets too!
- FLOW RESTRICTOR & SAND FILTER DISK - Luxury spa grade, high pressure all-inclusive showerhead kit, includes everything our customers need for hassle-free installation. Each ShowerMaxx detachable handheld shower head comes with removable flow restrictor and fitted sand filter disk. Complete with hose, shower mount, two rubber washers and a step-by-step installation guide - and for a limited time only free Teflon plumbing tape.
- PREMIUM QUALITY ABS & OIL-RUBBED BRONZE - The ShowerMaxx hand held showerhead is made with highest quality ABS material and features an elegant bronze finish - everything you'd expect from a premium shower set. Quick to install, the filtered rainfall massaging head has a large 4.5-inch face plate and offers a quiet, easy close. Built with a solid heat resistant all around finish for a modern and stylish look and feel found only in luxury spas and hotels.
- PEACE OF MIND LIFETIME WARRANTY - ShowerMaxx manufacture premium handheld shower heads at affordable prices. Each showerhead set is available in three additional color finishes and comes with a Peace-of-Mind Lifetime Warranty. Our friendly support team are on hand to take care of you, and if for whatever reason you're not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will provide you with a full refund, no questions asked.
The ShowerMaxx oil rubbed bronze handheld shower head is the perfect device for adding a bit of luxury to your bathroom. It provides a great amount of water pressure, and if it is not sufficient for your needs, then there is a flow restrictor that can be removed.
Want to know the beast part?
The ball joints in the shower head can be adjusted to accommodate your needs and give you the perfect angle for your shower.
Insofar as design, the oil rubbed bronze finish goes perfectly with most bathroom décor. The shower head itself has a 4.5-inch design that offers a stylish look as well.
Here’s the kicker:
There are six different spray setting son this model that you can choose to use. These spray settings include a rainfall mode, a circular massage mode, and a power massage mode. Then, you can choose a few combination modes like the rainfall and massage option or the rainfall and circular massage open. In addition, there is a water saver trickle mode that you can use to help save water while you shower.
The hose that comes with this shower head is a nickel back brushed steel hose that has a lot of flexibility. The hose itself is nearly five feet long, but it is able to stretch even more to a length of about 6.5 feet, which makes it great for washing the kids and the dog.
This is crazy:
This shower head comes with a lifetime warranty that guarantees that you will get repairs or replacement parts as needed. In addition, if you are unhappy with the device in any way, there is a money back guarantee that provides you with a full refund, no matter what the reason.
- This shower head provides a good amount of water pressure.
- The hose is made out of a stretchable material that makes using it in the shower more versatile.
- The installation instructions are great.
- There are quite a few spray settings that you can use.
- This shower head works great with low water pressure.
- If the installation is not correct, it tends to leak a bit.
- The flow restrictor must be removed to get good water pressure.
Above $50 – Shower Head Comparison Chart
|Flow Rate (Gallons Per Minute)||Number of Spray Settings||Hose Length||Best Feature|
|Vida Oil Rubbed Bronze Shower Head||2.5||5||5-7 ft.||Hose is Stretchable|
|Speakman Rio VS-1240-BN Multi-Function Shower Head||2.5||5||5 ft.||Non-slip handle for easy grip|
|Moen 23015BRB Bronze Shower Head||2.5||5||4 ft.||Unique Mediterranean Bronze Finish|
|Delta In2ition Handheld Shower Head (23015BRB)||2.5||4||5 ft.||In2ition Shower Head design|
|Grohe Handheld Shower Head||2.5||4||6 ft.||SpeedClean Functionality|
- Now in OIL RUBBED BRONZE! --> INSTALLS IN MINUTES and great for FAMILIES - bathe CHILDREN and PETS with flexible STAINLESS STEEL HOSE that S-T-R-E-T-C-H-E-S from 5 to 7 feet with NO TANGLES - BEST FOR CLEANING your bath area plus Hi-tech ABS FACE STAYS CLEAN and REPELS HARD WATER and won't look dirty all the time like chrome-faced units - HAND HELD with STAY-PUT Holder will NOT twist/pivot accidentally! - Makes a PERFECT GIFT for moms, dads, grads, and home remodelers!
- LOW PRESSURE? NO PROBLEM with 2-part easily REMOVABLE FLOW RESTRICTOR. With SILICONE JETS that you simply "flick" to De-clog. Handheld SUPER EASY TO INSTALL with detailed & illustrated step-by-step EASY TO FOLLOW instructions written in CLEAR ENGLISH with ultra-thin FREE TEFLON TAPE included! 5+ SPRAY MODES are easy to ADJUST WITH ONE HAND: Drenching Rain, Gentle Rinse, FULL ROTATING MASSAGE (not a "spitting" pulsator), Two Mix Modes, PLUS Drizzle Mode - SAVES WATER and ideal for BOATS or RVs!
- Want a true sauna vapor mode? Take a look at our UBERMIST handheld model. Prefer a STANDARD MODEL? Check out our Spashower 5+ and SIMPLICITY Hotel-type shower heads on Amazon! How about a RAIN SHOWER? For SOFT RAIN check out our Spashower RAIN 8" square model or our ginormous 14x8 inch RAINFOREST model for HARD RAIN, and don't forget our super-long 18 inch REACH model SOLID BRASS EXTENSION ARM to hold them up over your head - ALL available now on Amazon.com!
- S.K.LANG Products HAS YOUR BACK with our 3-Year UNCONDITIONAL WARRANTY on all Vida Alegría shower products! - Click on our company name above to EMAIL or PHONE us ANY TIME, because WE LOVE OUR CUSTOMERS!
- OIL RUBBED BRONZE, STRONGER SPRAY, MORE POWER, AWESOME STYLE, EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE, SUPERIOR QUALITY, LUXURY RELAXING BATHROOM SHOWERHEAD
The next shower head that I felt should be on this list is the Vida oil rubbed bronze shower head. It has a durable design that is easy to clean. In fact, this shower head actually repels hard water droplets so that the water pressure stays at its best. It also has a flow restrictor that you can remove when more pressure is required.
To the point:
The bronze exterior of this shower head gives it a rustic look that adds flavor to any bathroom. The shower head is designed with a stay-put design that will not pivot when you want it to remain still.
The best part is:
There is a nozzle on the handheld portion of the shower head that allows you to adjust the spray with one hand.
There are five unique spray modes that you can use. All of them are different, and they include a gentle mist mode, a drenching rain mode, a fully rotating massage mode, a mixed mode, and a drizzle mode. If at any time the nozzle becomes clogged, simply flick the shower head to make sure that it is not clogged.
Here’s the kicker:
The hose is made from a stainless steel material that is designed to stretch. In fact, it can stretch from five feet in length to an amazing seven feet, which means that you have a lot of reach when you need to wash your pet.
When it comes to the warranty of this shower head, the manufacturer has included a three-year warranty with all purchases. This warranty is an unconditional one, which means that if anything happens to the shower head, it will be covered.
- This shower head is very easy to install.
- It comes with an unconditional warranty, which means that all of the parts, repairs, and labor are covered.
- It has great water pressure.
- The bronze shower head has a beautiful exterior finish.
- The hose stretches so that you have a bit more flexibility in the shower.
- This shower head tends to make a bit of noise.
- The flow restrictor must be removed.
- It can be difficult to turn the dial for the spray settings.
- 147 spray outlets
- 2.5 or 2.0 GPM flow rates
- Includes 5-foot metal hose
The Speakman Rio VS-1240-BN is a wide, versatile shower head that has a large variety of sprays to satisfy anyone. Having a wider shower head disguises the fact that this shower head is conservative with its water usage. You feel the water over a larger area, but don’t notice that there’s less of it!
What’s the bottom line?
Well, the Rio VS-1240 has a “something for everyone” style of design that will ensure that everyone will feel truly relaxed after their shower. When you look at the face of the product, the first thing that you might notice is how much the sprayers vary; in fact, 147 individual sprays make up this shower head.
Aesthetically, this product has a very simple and somewhat utilitarian design that is very functional. This isn’t to say that this shower head isn’t attractive; in fact, one of my favorite features of this product is its modern design that would be at home in just about any shower.
It gets better:
According to Speakman, the company “obsessed” over the grip; it’s designed to fit comfortably within the hand and aims to be easy to grasp without slippage. When it comes to the product’s body, the Rio is comprised of polished chrome that’s very attractive and durable.
Spray settings for the Rio were specifically designed to be comfortable for any type of person. You can select from a more intense spray, a massage, a pulsating sprayer, a more intense spray, or a pause spray setting, which you can use to shave or simply conserve water.
The Rio VS-1240’s hose is five feet long and is actually made of metal. This means that the hose is very durable and is coated so that it will last for years. Additionally, the metal hose is also very flexible so that you can use it at almost any angle.
For consumer use, the Speakman Rio VS-1240-BN has a limited lifetime warranty. This mostly covers defects in the product.
- If you want a selection of unique spray settings, this has a varied degree of function.
- With 147 sprayers, this product has a good amount of coverage.
- It has a very ergonomic grip.
- It doesn’t have the best water pressure.
- Moen is dedicated to designing and delivering beautiful products that last a lifetime
- Dedicated to exceptional durability, innovation and sophisticated style
- No matter what your need, you can count on Moen to take care of you
This product by Moen is one of the most attractive shower heads that I’ve seen. It has what Moen calls a “Mediterranean Bronze” finish that adds a bit of style to your shower.
It gets better:
This Moen handheld shower head has a great looking design, but the fact that Moen opted to make it multifunctional really adds a lot of value to the product in my opinion.
As mentioned before, I’m very impressed with the finish on this Moen handheld shower head. It has an earthy tone to it that makes it look classic and warm. Additionally, the physical design is also very attractive and the handle for this shower head is wide and very easy to grasp.
One thing is for certain:
Aesthetically, this is a perfect shower head for those that have marble bathrooms or claw foot tubs.
Looks aren’t everything, which is why the fact that Moen included five settings in this bronze shower head is appreciated. This shower head, which is in Moen’s Banbury line of shower heads, is fairly tall and utilizes a knob control to access the spray settings.
You’re in luck:
If you’re looking for a varied and versatile performance out of a Moen shower head, then this is a great option; the first setting has a focused spray, and the next three settings widen the spray performance. The final spray is a high-speed, high-pressure spray that feels great.
The biggest gripe that I have about this product is that the hose isn’t made of metal. Despite this, the plastic hosing did seem very durable, and Moen gave a decent amount of slack; the hose has about four feet of length.
The warranty for the Banbury line isn’t incredibly extensive, but Moen will cover it for a year after the purchase date.
Here’s the deal:
Moen’s warranty also only covers defects, so if you damage it, they may not replace the product.
- This is a very attractive shower head.
- It also has a very durable construction.
- The five spray settings are decently varied.
- It has a good grip.
- It can be a bit tall for younger people trying to use it.
- The hose is just made of plastic, though this may lend itself to more flexibility.
- The In2ition Two-in-One Shower gets water where you need it most using the integrated shower head and hand shower separately or together
- Perfect for bathing loved ones and pets as well as keeping the inside of your shower and tub clean
- Installs in minutes
- Spray settings include: Full Body spray, Fast Massage spray, Full Spray with Massage
- Pause feature reduces water to a trickle, giving you space for shaving, lathering and other shower tasks while maintaining your temperature settings
I really feel like this is a very innovative Delta handheld shower head. While it only has four shower settings, when I used this shower head, it felt like there was a good amount of options available. What is it that makes this product so innovative?
Here’s the deal:
When you want to bring the stream closer to your body, like many other shower heads in this guide, the head detaches from the rest of the head. What makes it cooler is that the middle section slides upwards and detaches, revealing a delta-shaped handheld unit that looks great.
When it comes to aesthetics, the Delta 58467 has a very unique shape that really sets it apart from many of the shower heads of this type on the market today. The face of the shower head is black and is set on a shiny metallic body that emulates stainless steel (the actual body is made of plastic).
One thing is for certain:
The designers of the Delta 58467 were trying to create a very modern-looking shower head, and seemingly, they succeeded.
This Delta shower head comes with four settings and even has a pause that reduces the flow of water to a very slow rate. I find that this is perfect for those looking for a shaving-friendly environment when showering.
It gets better:
The spray holes that are arrayed around the face of this detachable shower head have a touch-clean feature that allows you to remove buildup with just a touch while the shower head is running. Sometimes buildup can be an issue with any kind of shower head, and I think the inclusion of this feature was a step in the right direction.
The hose on this product has a five-foot length that should give you more than enough slack to maneuver in your shower. The hose is also constructed of a very durable and very flexible plastic material that looks like stainless steel.
Delta is one of those manufacturers that you can depend on. They back all of their products with a lifetime limited warranty that adds a lot of value to the purchase.
- The detachment system on this product is very sleek.
- There’s a lot of versatility in the four modes that come with this shower head.
- The pause button is very convenient.
- Cleaning this shower head is fairly easy.
- It’s not actually made of stainless steel.
- The pressure could be stronger.
- GROHE StarLight finish for scratch and tarnish-resistant surfaces for a lifetime of beauty
- SpeedClean anti-lime system: Removes limescale with a simple wipe of a finger to maintain a like-new performance
- 5 in. Face
- GROHE DreamSpray features advanced shower engines to deliver precise and consistent water distribution throughout any spray pattern for an unparalleled and custom showering experience.
- Variable fixing point mounting brackets for easy Retro-FitTM and corner mounting
The Grohe Power and Soul 130 is also part of their DreamSpray line of shower heads and accessories. This particular shower head lives up to the DreamSpray reputation by providing a very even and stimulating shower experience; in fact, the sprayers are specifically designed to provide a massaging sensation.
Simplicity is where this product shines. There isn’t a thumb dial or any other cumbersome control scheme for this product. There’s just found setting buttons on the back of the shower head body. As a result, this product with its faux chrome body looks very sleek and attractive.
But here’s the kicker:
This Grohe shower head has a Starlight finish that’s designed to be resistant to scratches and tarnishing. Additionally, the Starlight finish also looks great.
The Power and Soul 130 has four different spray settings. These include two rain settings, a Bokoma spray setting, and a jet setting. Overall, while it doesn’t quite have a lot of spray types to choose from, I really think that the DreamSpray features will satisfy most people because of the system’s precise water distribution.
Want to know the best part?
One of the more interesting features of this Grohe handheld shower head is its very impressive hose. Not only is it durable and flexible enough to use it at just about any angle, but this hose is also almost six feet, which really gives you more than enough slack. The hose is also made of the same Grohe Starlight Chrome that is resistant to wear, limescale, and corrosion.
Grohe has a fairly complex warranty system for its shower heads. For mechanical components, Grohe provides limited lifetime support, which covers the product for as long as the purchaser owns the home where the shower head has been installed. Additionally, Grohe has a separate finish warranty that covers any defects in the finish for the life of the shower head.
- DreamSpray is really a very comfortable spray system.
- The shower head also has a SpeedClean system that protects the nozzles from limescale buildup.
- The hose for this shower head is very long; a full 69 inches to be precise.
- The body of this shower head isn’t actually chrome, but rather a very durable plastic material.
- Over time, this shower head can leak.
If you are looking for the best handheld shower head for your bathroom, then there are plenty of options that you can select from. If you are looking for a lot of flexibility in the shower, then this type of shower head may be a great option for you.
The shower heads that I included in this guide are great for nearly everyone. Elderly individuals, children, and even pets will love showering with a handheld unit, but before you make a purchase, make sure that you check the hose length and the spray functions of each of the shower head to make sure it accommodates your needs.