Whether it’s to save space, for portability, or you’re
looking to just get something a little different out of your clothes dryer
there are options out there for you. However, these alternative dryers all
come with their own pros and cons. Personally, I think that standard dryers
are oversized and overpriced so searching for something out of the normal
was highly intriguing to me when I moved to my new apartment. Today, I’ll
be taking a look at four popular options from Amazon and comparing them for
The Laundry Alternative Nina Soft Spin Dryer
- Ventless Portable Electric Dryer
- 3 Year Manufacturer Warranty
- 1800 RPM Spin Speed
- 12 lb Load Capacity
- Laundry is 90% dry in under 3 minutes
The Nina Soft Spin Dryer offers its users an interesting
change outside of a classic dryer model. This small clothes dryer has no
vent and does not require any kind of special outlet. It is, however, a
spin dryer. This means that you will have to place a bucket or bowl beneath
its drain for the water to pour into.
The convenience factor here is pretty obvious, you can set this dryer up
right away without needing a specialized room just for it. It can handle up
to 12 pounds of clothes and gets them nearly dry in 2-5 minutes. However,
they tend to come out slightly damp. Not wet, but there is some dampness.
The time and electricity savings here are still pretty obvious and are
definitely a fair tradeoff. Finally its size is quite small at only 17
pounds and 24 inches tall, making it the smallest on our list by height.
Compared to a standard dryer, the size is absolutely miniscule.
In actual use of this product I found it to be incredibly
quiet and surprisingly gentle on my clothes. They came out of this portable
dryer very soft and mostly dry consistently. Its use may be better suited
for a very small apartment or for traveling in an RV instead of going to
costly cleaners, but it definitely has merits in just about any situation.
The Laundry Alternative
14 x 14 x 24 inches
The Manatee Portable Clothes Dryer Laundry Rack
- Anion Sterilize Garments Dryer : (ANION - Bad Ion) Sanitizing Garments Dryer which is helping the dryer blank the garments save you inflicting mildew spores, pollen, odors, micro organism, viruses, Mud and different risky airborne debris
- Huge Capability Options 15 KG of Garments in 1 dry, Smart temperature Keep watch over, Totally get rid of overheating coincidence which be sure safeness
- Foldable and Simple to Retailer and store house, Modes : Fast dry and Environment friendly Mode, FREE Wi-fi Far off Keep watch over perform inside 8 meters
- Operating the Transportable dryer is not going to value you a variety of cash both, with no gasoline line and with minimum Energy it is going to value you a fragment of a regular dryer. Set the timer or simply set to "ON" and you are going to have dry Garments very quickly
- The compact dimension of this Garments dryer is superb for dorms, flats, condos, motor houses, RV's, tenting and extra
The Manatee Portable Clothes Dryer Laundry Rack is an
alternative clothes dryer with a few features that won’t be found anywhere
else. Mainly what intrigued me about this model was the fact that it is a
standing dryer, meaning I can hang my clothes while they are drying which
actually has saved me a bit of time after washing instead of having to sort
and hang my clothes later. I’ve tested both modes it offers, one is fast
drying and the other is environmentally friendly. Both modes dried my
clothes in a fair amount of time, with the fast dry taking about an hour
and a half and the environmentally friendly mode taking around 3 to 4
It is basically a screened in clothes rack that dries your
clothes. Because of this, it does store quite easily and has an incredibly
quick set up time. You can also control this clothes dryer via a remote,
though the usefulness of this is fairly limited for me. The screen
surrounding the dryer is fairly thin, so stowing it carefully should be
taken under consideration. With its simplistic design, this dryer is the
smallest on this list by weight at only 13 pounds and easily folds up for
storage to boot.
Though it may not be the quickest dry on the market, there
was a benefit to this type of portable clothes dryer that I did not
initially expect. I found that this dryer worked fairly well as a space
heater for whichever room it was in. I’m a big fan of killing two birds
with one stone, and if I can save energy costs on both heating and laundry
with one dryer I’m on board. I’m unsure if everyone would find this useful,
but I definitely enjoyed this aspect.
28.5 x 10.6 x 8.7
Panda Portable Compact Cloths Dryer
- Capacity 8.8lbs, /2.65cu.ft. 120V outlet, plug anywhere you like
- 44lbs to carry around. Perfect for small living spaces such as apartments, dorm, or condos. It is also lightweight enough, can take it with you in an RV or camping trip
- Since it's 110V, it may take longer to dry than a regular dryer which is 220v.
- Stainless Steel Drum. Transparent lid
- It comes out warm air, it's fine if leaving in the room in winter. It's ideal to mount on the wall. Wall mounting kit includes.
The Panda Portable Compact Cloths Dryer is the only dryer
on this list that at least resembles a classic dryer. However, don’t let
the looks fool you. Under the hood this dryer is quite different than the
standard. This dryer comes in two different sizes, both of which are very
compact. The first can hold 8.8 lbs and is 2.65 cubic feet while the larger
model holds 13.2 lbs and 3.75 cubic feet. The total weight of this dryer is
44 lbs, which is still the heaviest in our comparison but much smaller than
your normal household dryer.
Aesthetically it resembles that of the dryers you may see
in a coin laundry. There’s a large see-through porthole window in the front
of it that allows you to see your clothes as the machine operates. I’ve
never really found this necessary, but it is nice to be able to check on
your clothes instead of having to stop the cycle.
The drying time here is doubled from that of a non-portable
clothes dryer, as it is only 110V compared to 220V. The Panda Portable
Compact Cloths Dryer is ideal for those not looking to break the mold so
much, so to speak, of the classic dryer type but still want the convenience
of portability. This is probably the safest choice of the dryers I’m
comparing here. Down to even the lint screen, you can expect the
functionally of a regular household dryer but cut down to size for space
23.6 x 17.1 x 27.6 inches
Heat & Tumble
Panda Stainless Steel Portable Spin Dryer
- Stainless steel drum to ensure long life.110V outlet, plug anywhere you like. Household use only. Large capacity, easy mobility and portable to carry around
- Perfect for Apartments, Dorms, RV, Boat, Travel. Space Saver. Match with various choice of Panda Portable Washing Machine as a set
- Gets washing almost dry (not 100% dry, slightly damp) and saves line time. Dramatically speeds up drying for hand washing. Bring efficiency, safety and economy to your washing
- Gravity draining means the product can go anywhere without being located to a sink or drain. Just place a small bucket under the outlet to catch the water.
The Panda Portable Spin Dryer is probably the quickest
option on the list. The dryer works by spinning your clothes to 3200 RPMs.
This speed causes most of the water in your clothes to be strained out, and
then drain out the bottom of the dryer into a bucket or pan you’ve placed
beneath the drain’s spigot. This particular technique of drying is highly
energy efficient, takes almost no time, and makes sure there are no mineral
deposits or detergent left in your clothes. The caveat to all this is that
your clothes will be somewhat damp at the end. I found I was trading warm
and completely dry clothing for a somewhat softer and much quicker drying
The drum of this portable dryer is made of high-quality
stainless steel that ensures a very long life from the machine while the
water draining means that this dryer can be brought just about anywhere, as
long as you have a 110V outlet and a bucket. Plus, the size makes this an
excellent choice for a portable dryer as it weighs in at only 26 pounds and
is just over two feet tall.
It holds a maximum capacity of 22 lbs of clothing, wet,
which is actually quite a lot for the size and quickness of this particular
portable dryer. I am of the opinion that this is the best dryer for those
who are hand-washing their clothing while traveling due simply to the
quickness of the drying time and the small size of this dryer. As a bonus,
it is much gentler on your clothing than a heated dryer. The only downsides
are the fact that your clothes will never be completely dry from this
technique and the minor amount of prep required by place a bowl or bucket
beneath the spigot. It’s a small trade-off to be made for the benefits of
space, time, and quality.
13.5 x 13.5 x 25.5 inches
Well, I’m torn here about which of these portable dryers
are the best. I’d say each of them have their merits. Take the time to
carefully consider what your purpose is for needing the dryer. For example,
are you traveling or is space your main concern? Each of these have their
benefits depending on your particular situation. Look them all over, take a
look at the specs I’ve laid out here, and make an informed purchase!